Instead of relying on prescription medications, you may be trying to treat your asthma symptoms naturally. One of the ways you can do this is with ginger. If you have never heard about the correlation between ginger and asthma before, you may have questions about it. Here are two questions you may have about ginger and asthma.
Why Can Ginger Help With Asthma?
Ginger is a natural remedy for many different illnesses. It has been used for centuries to treat a variety of illnesses. While it has many medicinal benefits, when it comes to asthma, ginger has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body. When you suffer from asthma, your airways can become inflamed, making it harder for you to breathe. Ginger helps to minimize this inflammation, helping your airways to stay open and making it easier for you to breathe better.
How Can You Use Ginger to Help With Your Asthma?
The best way to use ginger to help with your asthma is to use fresh ginger. While you can use ginger powders and juice, you will have the best results by using fresh ginger. This is because it has more vitamins and antioxidants when it is fresh. Follow these instructions to treat your asthma with fresh ginger:
- Boil two cups of hot water on the stove. Remove from the heat.
- Take a one inch strip of fresh ginger and cut it into small strips. Place these small strips of ginger in the hot water. Place a lid on the pot so that the ginger steeps in the hot water. Allow it to sit for five minutes.
- Remove the strips of ginger from the hot water and discard them.
- Allow the hot mixture to cool down just enough so that you can drink it. Do not drink it when it is too hot or you can burn your throat. If desired, you can mix honey or juices to the mixture based on your tastes.
- This can be done daily to minimize the frequency with which you will have asthma symptoms, or only done when symptoms are present.
If you suffer from asthma, you may be looking for a natural way to treat your symptoms or minimize the symptoms altogether. Ginger is a natural way you can reduce the symptoms of asthma in your body and prevent possible asthma attacks. However, it may not be effective for everyone. If your symptoms do not decrease with the use of ginger, you should consult with a physician. Prescription medications may be the best option for you if natural treatments are not effective for you. For more information, talk to a professional like Oak Brook Allergists.